Wednesday, August 16, 2006

For The Record

One cannot start a blog about the Martini without first revealing their own preference. For such a simple cocktails, the variations possible in its creation are astounding and the results significant.

Matthew's Perfect Martini

4 parts Bombay Sapphire Gin
1 part Noilly Pratt Dry Vermouth
3 olives

Technique is also as important as the ingredients (and I shall write further on this). I store the gin in the freezer so that the drink is as cold as possible when served, and ice is occasionally omitted during the combining stage if it will taint the overall flavour. Occasionally I add a few drops of olive brine.
The mixture is stirred (or swished as I prefer), but occasionally on a hot day I will shake with ice.

So, the preference has been stated, and now we can get into the hard work of discussing technique, ingredients and variations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home